I don’t know about you but, I do know what it feels like to spend close to 6 hours in writing a very interesting and engaging article that might sometimes, be up to 2000 words and after some days or weeks, it will stop gaining visitors.
Most often, those contents normally go viral the first time they were published but as time goes on, you will notice that the people viewing the post will stop dropping gradually until it will not get viewers again.
In this case, what do you normally do? Do you leave the article and let the sleeping dog lye or, do you usually breath in more life into the article knowing that it will still help lots of people if only it can be discovered.
Recommended Reading: 7 Surefire Ways to Increase Your Blog Traffic Starting Yesterday
One reason why SEO is good is because, if the article is well optimized and ranked well in SERPs, the amount of traffic it will bring back to your site will be unimaginable but with time, other people will also start optimizing and ranking for the keyword you once ranked for which will now cause your post to drop its ranking thereby dropping its traffic as well.
My question now, how do you handle this on your own blog or, are you not yet seeing what I’m seeing or, thinking the same way I’m thinking?
If your answer to the above question is yes then, you need to tighten up your belt and pay attention to me because, I’m about to tell you something you might not know before. I will also announce the three winners of my last giveaway at the end of this post so, keep your fingers crossed.
You see, I’ve been thinking about this for some time now and each time I remembers that each of the articles I published on my blog was created to serve a purpose and that most of them are no longer serving their purpose, it makes me angry and that was why I started searching for a solution which now led to the inception of this post.
Let’s see what you can do in order to be repackaging your older posts for more traffic.
Repackaging Your Older Posts for More Traffic
1. Better Optimize the Posts: One of the best ways I’ve discovered to revive your older posts for more traffic is simply to optimize the post again. This is a very simple process. All you need to do is, conduct some keyword research and find some low competition keywords that people are using to search for posts that are related to the one you want to repackage and then, optimize the article with that keyword.
You can also know those keywords you’re already ranking for and then, optimize them the more in order to remain on your position in the SERPs.
Recommended Reading: How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog by Optimizing Older Posts
But remember; don’t end up messing up with your article all in the name of optimizing it as this will only course you more harm than good. Just allow things to flow naturally and then, fix the keywords according to where they will fit in the article.
2. Convert Them into an Ebook: Another great way you can repackage your older post is by converting them to an ebook. This is so awesome that, I was wondering why I didn’t know about it sooner than now.
This is not going to cost you a dime, just copy the post to a word document, add some links to your older posts into it and then, converts it to pdf and there you are. You can either give it out for free via some ebook distribution sites like Scribd or, use it to gain more likes for your facebook fan page.
When someone downloads the book and read it, there is a great chance that he will click to your older posts via the links you added on the ebook. It’s as simple as that.
3. Convert it Into a Newsletter Series: This is yet another mind blowing way of repackaging older posts for more traffic. This is for the people that are into email marketing which every blogger and internet marketer should be doing.
The concept is just to simply break down some of your older posts into a newsletter series whereby each one you will send out will contain a link to the original article and also links to your other old posts.
This way, your email subscribers will also click back to read the full posts especially if you make the newsletter more interesting and enticing.
4. Presentation and Slideshares: Slideshare has become very popular lately and, most big bloggers out there are using it to boost their traffic. Most of you might have known what slideshare is all about. I’m yet to explore it myself but after reading Ana hoffman’s case study on how she got 243,000 Views in 30 Days with it, I was really thrilled and, it’s one of those things I will be getting involved with soon.
Recommended Reading: Slideshare Traffic Case Study: From 0 to 243,000 Views in 30 Days
Below is an example of a slideshare presentation she made, this will help to tell you more of what I’m talking about.
You can also convert your older posts into a slideshare presentation which can also skyrocket your traffic to an extent that will wow you J.
5. Your Own Method: I guess you will be amazed by what I mean by your own method. Now, what I mean is that you should complete the 5th method yourself. Tell us some other method through which you’ve used to repackage your older posts which I didn’t mention here.
Please, use the comment section below to tell us your own style. Thanks and please, also tweet and share this post with your friends if you really enjoyed it.
My Last Giveaway Winners
1. Enstine Muki
2. Victor Noah
3. Chadrack Irobogo
Yet Another Interesting Giveaway
Win $150 straight to your paypal account
Photo Credit: Freedigitalphotos.net