Hey everyone, how was your weekend? Ok I wanna start this post with a question; have you ever sat down in front of your computer, knowing fully well that you have to write a blog post, but just don’t know what to write about? I have equally experienced such a situation many times. But despite this, somehow I always try to come up with new blog post ideas.
Therefore, i thought I would share some of the strategies I normally use to come up with a never ending flow of new blog post ideas.
I will like to make this post as concise as possible, so without wasting much of your time……
Find Great Blog Post Ideas in 10 Simple ways.
1. Read your past comments: If you allow your readers to be commenting on your posts which is highly recommendable, then this is a very good way to be coming up with steady flow of blog post ideas. You can simply take the questions asked by your readers and turn it into a full blog post. Not only is this a great source of fresh ideas; it’s also a great way to interact directly with your community! Using this strategy also ensures that your blog content is on target which means you’re given your audience what they want.
2. Read other blogs in your niche: One of the great and fast methods to get a fresh blog posts ideas is by reading other blogs in your niche. Most of us probably already read a few other blogs in our own particular niche; perhaps it’s time to expand a bit more. All you just have to do is to perform some Google search or check out sites like Technorati.com to find other sources of information in your market.
By simply looking at the headlines from 10 or so active blogs each day, you are sure to be inspired with topics to write about for your own site.
3. Read Related Forums: Another way to stay in touch with your niche is to be active on forums that are related to your niche. In particular, if you take note of which threads are the most active you’ll find some great trending topics that people are interested in. Look for interesting questions they are asking and figure out a way to answer it by writing about it on your site. The key is to get inside the head of those in your niche as much as possible to understand where they are coming from. One of such forums that I like a lot is warrior forum.
4. Write about yourself: Now I know most of you might be against this one, but I so much believe in it. Although, you don’t want to get carried away, but posting something about yourself or off-topic can be a good way to mix things up on your site. It’s good to let your readers know more about you so they can become more acquainted to you. You can write about the experiences you had in the past and what you learnt from them, it could be about what you plan to do in the future or what you’re doing at the moment. Just find a way to share with them about yourself ones in a while.
5. Share Interesting Stories: I’m sure we all like to read stories that will inspire us in one way or the other. When I was in high school, I could remember vividly when my English tutor use to tell us to write a story that ends with “From grass to grace”. Now, if you have a friend, or you’ve heard of someone that has done something extra-ordinary before to get to where he is at the moment, you can share with your readers what he did and how he did it so they can also learn from it.
One man that I know that does this very well is Yaro Starack of entrepreneurs-journey.com.
6. Move with a note pad: We all know that ideas can come to us at anytime, anywhere. So another great way to be getting new blog post ideas is by making sure you have a writing material with you anywhere you are, this is so that you can jot them down when they come to you. A friend of mine ones said that she has a bucket in her office where she stores all the ideas that comes to her, i can’t really remember the person that told me this.
She said that each time she is in her office or at any place and some ideas that can make a good blog post appears to her, she will just tear out a piece of paper, white it down, fold it and throw it inside the bucket. Whenever she ran out of what to write about, she will randomly pick a piece from the bucket, unfolds it and uses it as a new blog post.
7. Ask your readers: One other method I’ve seen so many blogs using is by asking your readers to tell you what they will like you to write about. One of the bloggers that is utilizing the power of this one is my friend Pauline Bennett You can check out her blog to see what I’m talking about.
8. Follow up on previous posts: Following up on the posts you’ve written before can be another good alternative. All you just have to do is to break the posts by bits. For example, Enstine Muki just wrote a post like this on his blog when he wrote (Exceptional women share their blog traffic secrets)…………That is a 3 parts post, can you see what I mean now? I’ve also written something similar to that here in the past when I shared about How to build a wordpress blog.
The trick is, if you write a post that is up to say 2000 words, you can just break it into 3 parts and write it in series.
9. Think of your past challenges: This is really a very great way to find new blog posts ideas. Think of a particular challenge you’ve had before, it could be when a particular plugin on your blog gave you some headache or when your site was hacked by hackers, anything that gave you sleepless night that you were later able to solve.
Don’t you see that such can make an interesting post? It will teach your readers how to go about such predicament if they happen to encounter it.
10. Emails from your subscribers: Just like the comments, I’ve received many emails, questions and suggestions from my subscribers before that later turned into a blog post.
There you have it all.
Now is your turn to tell us. Which other way apart from the ones here do you normally use to get fresh blog posts ideas? Please your comments on this will be much appreciated.
Also remember to share this post with your friends so it will help them as well.
Photo credit: Free Digital Photos