I’m very sure you know the importance of well written articles in today’s blogs and internet based companies. In fact, the role it plays on a website is totally immeasurable. If you have a website or a business that has an online presence and you’re not using articles to power it then, you’re really killing your business.
NOTE: I will announce the winners of my last giveaway at the end of this post so, stay tuned:).
Articles have been proven to be the main driving force in publicizing a website. It is a key factor in boosting a site’s ranking on the search engines and, we all know that the higher a site ranks on the search engine result pages, the bigger slice of the traffic flow pie he gets.
However, it is not just about stuffing your site with articles; there are some basic requirements your articles must have as well in order to get you your desired results. These requirements must be met to obtain the maximum benefits an article will provide for your site.
A well written article will catch the eyes and interest of your customers and keep them coming back for more. They would also be able to recommend your site to others and, you know there is a huge benefit in mouth to mouth advertising.
In this post, I will share with you the top 5 things your articles must possess in order to fully perform its roles. Let’s dive in.
1. Write Interesting and Engaging Articles: I used this as the number one because it’s the most important. In as much as you’re advised to always write for your blogs, you cannot be publishing crappy articles on your blog and expect people to read it…NO, it doesn’t happen that way.
Your articles must be regarded as good reading materials and, they must be able to entertain people as well as provide helpful information and solutions for their needs. Articles should also be well written with correct spelling and good grammar. If you want people to trust you, make your work good and well thought out that way, you will earn their respect and trust.
People respond well to figures, facts and statistics. Try to get great information and as many facts as you can. A good and well written article will boost your reputation as an expert in your chosen niche. As more people believe in you, they will be able to trust you and your products which will mean more $$$$$$$$$$$ J.
2. Use Eye-Catching Headlines: This is also a very important fact. If you’re not using enticing headlines on your articles then, no matter how interesting the article is, people will never read it. It has been proven that people responds better to contents with great headlines and bad articles to contents with great articles and bad headlines.
In my own opinion, it’s very advisable to make both your headlines and articles well engaging because, it’s your headline that will first determine if a visitor will read the article or not. And, even if the headline is great but the article is nonsense then, the visitor might read it but, you will end up killing your reputation because, he will be disappointed at the end.
So, it’s vital to make both your headlines and articles awesome. There is a free tool I discovered lately that can help you to craft amazing headlines; you can check it out by clicking HERE. Please, don’t forget to come back and tell me what you think about the tool.
3. Use Proper Keywords and Keyword Phrases: I don’t need to start telling you the importance of optimizing your articles for the search engines because, I’m sure you already know about that.
It’s advisable that some of your articles are centered on a particular keyword and keyword phrases. This is simply because, as each website visitor goes to a site, there are those who are just merely browsing but actually looking for a specific something. When this happens, a searcher usually goes to a search engine and types in the keywords they are looking for (e.g. Managing Budgets, Dog Training, Quitting Smoking, etc). It could be anything they want.
The Important thing is that you have an article that has the keywords that are related to your niche. For example, if you maintain a self help blog, you must be able to create articles about Habits and other things that are related to that niche.
There are many tools in the internet that can assist you in determining what keywords and keyword phrases are mostly sought out. You can use this tool to determine what keywords to use and write about. Check out the link below to see where I mentioned such tool.
Recommended Reading: Long Tail Pro: The Best Keyword Research Tool Ever
4. Be Mindful of Keyword Density: Keyword density is the number of times a keyword or keyword phrase is used on an article. The number varies depending on the number of words used on the article. An effective article must have a keyword density that is not too high or too low.
With a very high density, the essence of the article is lost and may turn off a reader, Google and other search engines might also see such an article as spammy. It comes off as overeager. On the other hand, a low number may be ignored by the search engines.
Know that you have your keywords and keyword phrases, and you must use them fully. An article must have good keyword density for a search engine to “feel” its presence. The percentage of your keyword density will depend on the number of words your article contain so, use your keywords wisely and, make sure you’re not sounding spammy.
5. Link To Other Of Your Articles: This is also very crucial. When writing your articles, ensure that you also perform internal linking by linking to other articles you’ve published before that is also related to what you’re writing.
This will boost the exposure of the article been linked to and search engines also love this act. It is also advisable to link out to other people in your niche. Just make sure the article you’re linking to relate to the topic you’re writing about. This will give your readers more information on the topic as well as helping you to build the relationship to the person you linked to his article.
And, in some case, some people might return the favour by also linking to your own articles and as you know, this also will increase the chances of the article for ranking on the search engine result pages (SERPs).
I hope you agree with me on this post but, I will also like us to take the discussion further via the comment section. Please, comment and tell me your own point of view, I love reading your comments.
Please, also tweet and share this post with your friends if you enjoyed it.
The winners of my last giveaway are
Photo Credit: freedigitalphotos.net